- Check the tire pressure regularly - at least once a month. The maximum pressure listed on tires is NOT the proper pressure! Find recommended tire pressure in the owner's manual or on the tire pressure placard.
- If you don't have tire pressure gauge it's really worth to buy it.
- Rotate tires at every second oil change - it will insure all tires wear equally.
- Feel vibration at cruising speed? - have your tires balanced.
- There is a safe limit of the tread wear. If the tire is worn below this limit it's unsafe to drive.
- Uneven tire wear indicates alignment problem. Improper alignment causes increased tire and suspension components wear and poor handling. In worst case improper alignment may throw your car into a skid, especially on a wet road. If a car pulls aside, wanders or feels unstable on the road, have the alignment checked. Properly done alignment will make your car's ride a lot more enjoyable.
Simple Maintenance Tips
*** Note, the information contained in this guide is for educational purposes only and cannot substitute for the advice of professional mechanic or authorized dealer. Different cars have different requirements; for information specific to your car consult your owner's manual or call Speedline Auto & Tire (773) 878 3000 . Don't attempt to service your car if you don't have proper knowledge and tools, you can be injured and your vehicle could be damaged. Take your car to Speedline Auto & Tire 5250 N. Damen Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60625 or an authorized dealer/repair shop near you.